An eCheck is sent when the buyer doesn't have a credit card or alternate funding source attached to their PayPal account.
To avoid receiving eCheck payments, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
- While viewing your profile, you'll see a "Selling Tools" list. Click on "Selling Preferences".
- Click on "Update" next to "Block payments".
- Next to "Block the following payments," check the box "Pay with eCheck or German bank transfer for all website payments except eBay". This will block all future eCheck payments.
- Click save.
***Please note: If you remove the ability for buyers to send eCheck payments, buyers using this method (either knowingly or unknowingly) may receive the following message when attempting to submit payment onsite: “Your payment can’t be completed. Please return to the participating website and try again”
For troubleshooting, please have these buyers try the following before attempting to pay again:
1.Login to PayPal to ensure they have a credit card or alternate payment method in their Wallet.
2. Ensure that their credit card on file with PayPal is current and valid. They must also ensure that the address on file with PayPal matches their credit card billing address.